Monday, July 14, 2008

More Friends!!!

Last Monday and Tuesday Aaron and Kristin Byrum came to visit our coastal cottage. On Monday night we ventured out to Morehead City for dinner a fun round of putt-putt. Garin took 1st and Kristin took 2nd, but I must say that the most exciting battle was for 3rd. Aaron and I were tied going into the 18th hole and he putts a hole in one (perhaps his first of the night) and then I stepped up to the plate knowing that I would take last if I didn't sink this putt on the first shot. Well with a little luck and a little prayer, I putted my first hole in one of the night as well! It really was pretty funny...but I guess you had to be there.

On Tuesday we decided to rent a boat to explore some of the waterways around our friendly island (of course Garin gets to do this on a regular basis so he was our guide). Our 25 horsepower engine didn't get us anywhere quickly, but we did have a good time just chilling and taking in God's creation.

Aaron and Kristin, we had a WONDERFUL time with you guys, thanks for coming to visit! We can't wait for you to come and visit us wherever we end up next :)
Aaron and Kristin on the bow of the boat taking in the Emerald Isle highrise.

Garin taught me how to drive the boat...just call me Skipper now!

While we were on the boat we passed by this Coast Guard Construction Tender which was kind of cool (these guys are not based out of Garin's station so it was odd to see them out on the water)

2 comments:

kristin said...

We had so much fun with you guys! We will go out on the little 25 horsepower boat any day with you two. Maybe G will get one that goes just a wee bit faster! =)

The Dellingers said...

Looks like fun!! Enjoy your time at the beach!!! We put our toes in the Pacific this past weekend and it was freezing cold, we miss the warm Atlantic!!!! Love you!