Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Time!

Well Christmas once again proved to be the most wonderful time of the year! Gotta love how everywhere transforms into beautiful Christmas array. We had a great time leading up to Christmas with MANY Christmas parties with friends and coworkers. We also got the chance to go to a Christmas concert put on by my FAVORITE Band, Shane and Shane:


I was fortunate to have 2 weeks off for Christmas and Garin got off Christmas Eve until the Monday following New Years, so we packed up and headed home to North Carolina. We got there just in time for the Christmas Eve service where my nephew had his baby dedication. Check out this dressed up hunk:



I know my blog is always filled with pictures of him (imagine what it will be like when I have my own kid?!), but of course I have lots of Mason pictures. He is just too cute. I just want to pinch those cheeks every time I see a picture!





This picture looks like he is actually interested in what is inside the gifts he received (he really was just going after the tissue paper...see below)



This was Mason's Christmas highlight - sitting in a pile of colorful paper - he had a BALL!
While sitting with Granddaddy, Mason became very interested in the Christmas tree
This is a very tired Santa
Check out his new wheels, yeah he thinks he is the man!
Saying goodbye to Aunt Lauren and Uncle Garin



While we did get to spend time with Garin's family, I neglected to take pictures ;( I guess babies are just camera magnets. But we did have a WONDERFUL time hanging out with Garin's parents, brother, sister, and family friend Ansley. Mrs. K once again kicked our tails in a fierce game of dominoes! I'm gonna have to stop playing games with her ;)



While home I also got the chance to celebrate my Birthday (28th at that!). Dad took us out to my favorite restaurant La Unica (can't find good Mexican like that in Florida!). My sweet sister told them it was my birthday and I got a wonderful serenade along with a great get-up!


On our way back home we decided to take a detour up to Asheville, NC to see some snow (don't get much of that down here) and to hang out for New Year's Eve. While there Garin thought we should hit up some snow tubing. After checking out one slope we settled with one at Sapphire Valley. We might have been the only adults flying down the hill without kids, but we did have a good time.

The Hill
Garin freeloading himself up the hill
Gotta love that white stuff...well when you live in Florida.

Thankfully we made it home safely and are easing back into our daily routine. After all the Christmas fun, I'm ready for things to slow down to a normal pace. Back to work...

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Next time you take a detour in Asheville LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

The Dellingers said...

You should come out to good 'ole CB if you want to see some more of that white stuff...we should still have some in May! :)

Praveen said...

Hey Lauren...have you ever been back to the Triangle to visit? Sorry I haven't read your blog in a while..I have been busy with work at Wal-Mart and looking for a job. Thanks for the updates on your and Garin's life!

Also Pritesh says 'hi'! And happy new decade. I have a lot of plans for this decade.

Cordially,
Praveen