Thursday, June 10, 2010

Congrats to Lieutenant JG Kirkpatrick

This past week Garin got a promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade. This is a pretty standard promotion for CG officers after serving for a year in half, but it comes with a nice pay raise none-the-less. On Thursday Garin had a small promotion ceremony where his insignia (shoulder bars in this case) were changed from those of an Ensign to those of a LTJG. For some reason they let the wives do the "pinning" if they so chose, so I got to do Garin's. I dropped one of them in the process...I'm not sure why, but I was pretty nervous (I was the only wife there...or family member for that matter)! Congrats Garin, you make your wife proud :)

Reaffirming the Oath of Office

Getting his new LTJG Shoulder Boards

They MADE him kiss me ;)

Us :)

5 comments:

lauren said...

killa - you look awesome! and congrats to you too garin by the way, i guess technically the post wasn't about how hot your wife is =)

Elijah Luke said...

Awww ;)

Garin, congrats (again/publicly)... good stuff.

Lauren, family traditionally does the bar pinning, though I say "traditionally" I don't know where it started or how long it has been around, but it is true across all branches of the Armed Forces. My father and brother did my first two (initial commissioning and first promotion - Mom was there but was busy crying). It's a special way to include families in a military tradition and show pride in the one being promoted, and a chance for the one being promoted to thank his wife... Garin, I hope you caught that last bit ;)

Good stuff, cheers for promotions and family!

The Dellingers said...

Looking hot L-dawg! Congratulations to Garin!! :)

Rebekah said...

congratulations Garin! That's exciting.

Praveen said...

Congrats on the upgrade in your status! Will you possibly be going overseas to serve anytime soon? Also you still look very young and handsome like you did in 2003-04.