Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Fun!

Right before Christmas and right after Christmas we got a pretty decent dumping of snow on the Cape (we didn't really get that much out on the Beach where we live, but they got about 6" about a mile inland). So Garin and I got a little disk sled and grabbed my friend Franky and headed out to the sledding hill on base. Its a pretty awesome sledding hill I must say...I pretty good 50 yard run that gets you going pretty fast.

This is the top of the hill...its for the more adventurous to REALLY get you going fast!



The rest of the hill...a pretty good run!!

A jump that someone had created...this is my friend Franky taking it like a pro!


Garin was off for the day so he went with us too!


Our next snow adventure was going Snowmobiling! I got an awesome deal on Groupon for a 2 hour snowmobiling adventure, so that's what Garin got for Christmas and his Birthday (it was really for both of us because I got to go too...even though I had to ride on the back). Since the area had gotten such a large amount of snow, we figured it would be a great time to go. So, we headed north to Lincoln, New Hampshire where our adventure took place (which was about 3 hours away).
It was a guided tour with a train of about 5 other snowmobiles...we were at the end of the train so we got to hold back a little bit and then "speed" to catch up. It was A LOT of fun! I didn't get to drive, but Garin did a great job for his first time on a snowmobile! And the weather and terrain was absolutely beautiful. This southern girl has rarely seen THAT much snow on the ground! There was about 2 to 3 feet on the ground and it was caked all over the trees...beautiful winter wonderland!
G and I before we hit the trails...and I WAS smiling for the picture, before I realized that you couldn't see my mouth...it looks goofy, but boy was I glad I had the face warmer!

A pretty creek that had frozen over

The beautiful terrain we got to ride through...and on the windshield of the snowmobile you see that we could have purchased our snowmobile for a mere $5,400. I think they wanted you to know how much they cost in case you felt like wrecking it!

This is how deep it was on the uncombed part of the trail...I could have gotten lost in it!

G and I on our chariot
And then to top off the day, we got to eat dinner at Chick-Fil-A on our way home!!! One of the two that are in Mass. happened to be about 5 mins off our course. They even had REAL SOUTHERN sweet tea there!!!! What a wonderful day....

1 comments:

Mandy said...

I love snowmobiling and love how deep the snow was! It makes me Michigan just a tiny tiny bit :)