Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NC State 30, ECU 24

Well to break the monotony of just talking about Garin and the Coast Guard, I thought I'd post something a little different. This past weekend my sister and I made the drive up to Raleigh to watch our alma mater, NC State, take on East Carolina University. The game was starting to look pretty rough, but after a couple of great plays by our defense, the Wolfpack brought the ball back down the field for a touchdown to tie the game with a minute thirty left in the game. Then in overtime we forced a fumble and then were able to convert to a touchdown in the next play. It was a GOOD game. The other great part was that I got to see my great friend Lauren Gainor who now lives in Denver, CO at half-time. I meant to get a picture, but I totally forgot :( Oh well. It was a good day :)


Also, I got an email from Garin this week while he was out on the Eagle. He is surviving, so that is good. He said he felt sick the first day but since then has acquired a pair of "sea legs." Hopefully they will be back on land by Friday so I can hear more about his adventures at sea.

1 comments:

Erin said...

We were thinking of you when we saw NC State win on Saturday. How fun that you were at the game!!