Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1 month down, 3 more to go....

Well we have finally made it to the quarter mark. Whew, gotta celebrate every little victory! There is still a long way to go, but at least one month is down. Once again, I don't have a lot of new news. I'm still getting to hear from Garin about every other day, which is nice, but things are pretty much the same. He is now done with this duties as the Company XO, which is a relief to him I think. He says that his favorite parts so far are the survival swimming classes (surprise, surprise) and the cutter simulator, which is like one of those rides at an amusement park that lets you "feel" what it is like to ride or drive a large cutter (boat).


Everything there seems to be about putting you in high stress situations and then keying in on the details. Its all about attention to details...which I guess makes sense. These guys are going to one day be in charge of some major operations where lives are at stake, I guess its important that they are able to handle the stress while not neglecting the small details. Nevertheless, it still makes me mad when I hear about the things they get in trouble for. I just got a call from him earlier today and he said that he got 10 more march tours (each marching tour is 30 mins long and they must do it beside the barracks during their "free" time, which there is not a lot of), so that is 5 hours of marching! Poor thing! He said that his offense was that one of the drawers in their room was not aligned (not sure what that means, but sounds pretty minor to me), so he and his roommate were all given marching tours. I don't know how he handles it...I'd flip out! I'm so glad he is a man of great patience!


As for me, nothing too new to post. Life continues to go on as routinely as possible (that's the way I like it). I'm anxiously waiting to find out where Garin's port calls will be when he goes on his Eagle cruise, so that I can hopefully get there to see him! So, maybe I have some exciting trips on the horizon.


Thanks for reading and sorry for posting the mundane (and no pictures). Hopefully some excitement will occur soon (the good kind of excitement)!

0 comments: