Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Week Playing Aunt and Uncle

This past week we had our youngest guest yet to come visit us...our nephew Mason (along with his mommy and daddy). They arrived here VERY early on Monday morning (they drove through the night). Monday we took the day off for them to rest. Tuesday we headed to Pensacola Beach for the afternoon and then grilled out at the picnic shelters there for dinner. Wednesday we headed over to Destin, where we did some shopping at the outlets and then headed out to the VERY crowded beach. That night we hit up some yummy seafood where we overlooked the Destin bay area. Thursday we had another chill day and Friday we went back to Pcola Beach to watch the Blue Angels Air Show. Saturday Garin and I went back out to Pcola Beach to watch the show again (more on that in a later post) while Alex, MW, and Mason headed off to Navarre Beach for there last day on the beach. Then they left us all alone early Sunday morning.

The week went by WAY too fast. I was in Aunt Heaven having my nephew around...he has grown soooo much since I last saw him. He is 11 weeks old now and is in the 95th percentile for his height and weight (so, yes, he is a big boy!). At his two month check-up he weighed in at about 15 pounds and I'm sure he weighs more than that now! He is absolutely adorable and I sure wish I got to see him more often!
Chillin in his Bumpo seat with his new Pooh toy
Laying out like his aunt - (don't worry we kept him in the shade!)
Bath time! Absolutely adorable!! I just want to squeeze him!
Garin and Baby Mason - Uncle Garin was about as enamored as Aunt Lauren; every time Mason started to cry, Garin would pick him up and walk around with him until he calmed down. He did everything but change diapers :)
Aunt Lauren and Baby Mason - he don't look too happy...
Mason and Uncle Garin taking a nap together...
One of my favorite pictures...Mason is sporting his Wolfpack pride! Don't worry, I will teach him how to make the wolf sign with his fingers soon enough! Mason says: Go Pack!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

so stinkin' ADORABLE!!!! love it love it love it! and miss ya'll too ;).

WeeWee03 said...

Awww how cute! Of course, I love the picture with Garin and Mason sleeping on the floor...Did Garin purposely position his feet like the babies or does he really sleep like that? BAHAHAH

Praveen (P) said...

WOW...those a really nice pictures! I just came and saw it today. Really good photo taking!

The Dellingers said...

He is a cutie!!! I love your pics!