Monday, August 31, 2009

Coche Nuevo

Well we finally bit the bullet and traded in the ol' Jeep Liberty for a more fuel efficient 4 door sedan. The ol' Liberty had served me well since my sophomore year in college (over 8 years ago), but the gas guzzler was taking a toll on the ol budget. You may remember a post a couple months back where the beast hit its 100,000th mile, so it was about that time where all good American made cars come to an end.

After much research and evaluation we decided on a Volkswagen Jetta. We were able to get a really good deal on it because it was a demo car at the dealership. We also, thankfully, didn't have to use the Cash For Clunkers hogwash and got a really good trade-in on my Jeep. For all you guys looking to trade in a car...the secret is ARMOR-ALL. I armor-alled that baby up before I took it in to the dealership and they gave me a wonderful offer for a trade-in because "it looked so clean and in such good condition" (I promise you, it didn't look that great before I took some elbow grease to it that morning!).

So here is our new car...I LOVE IT so far (especially since it averaged 30 mpg on the last tank of gas)!

Well I also must post my husband's new "invention". Note the tennis ball hanging from the garage ceiling below:


Well apparently, my dear friends, I was not parking the car properly in the garage. I was either leaving too much space in front of the car or pulling in too close. So this tennis ball on a string, my dear friends, is so that I know when the car has been parked in the correct location. The tennis ball should be barely touching my windshield....


INGENIOUS!!

3 comments:

WeeWee03 said...

LOL Mark put a tennis ball in our garage a few years back too! It is a guy thing. LMAO Congrats on the new car.

Tammy said...

Yes, Lauren, it totally is a guy thing! I could NEVER park my cars right in our garage in California so the tennis balls were hung and then one year our friends gave us these "landing strips" that you put on the floor and drive over. When you go up and over the first bump, you've hit the right spot. If you go up and over another bump, you've gone too far. Does Garin know how to separate darks from lights from whites?! Hee Hee. Glad to know you are doing well. Love the new set of wheels. I've got a nice Honda Odyssey van sitting in my garage in NC for sale, anyone? anyone?

Pritesh Garuch said...

That is a nice looking car! I have a Honda Civic EX myself.