Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Next stop...Cape Cod

Well, Garin and I just recently got the news that we will be spending our next 4 years in Cape Cod, MA!!! We were VERY excited, as this was our second choice on our "dream" sheet (our first was Elizabeth City, NC...but I had kinda convinced myself against that, so the Cape had become my real first choice). This also means that Garin will be flying the HH-60...which is what he wanted.

Garin's training is going well. He is currently scheduled to Wing October 22nd (in non military speak that basically means graduate flight school...at that point he gets to wear the gold wings). So that means that we will probably be moving at the beginning of November...just in time for winter. Its the whole cold winter thing that I'm not really looking forward to...but I've heard that the Summer and Fall totally make up for it. And after living for the past 2 years on the Gulf coast, it might be time for a change.


So, here are a couple of pictures so you have any idea of our future:
The Coast Guard base is on the "Upper Cape", which is the part that is connected to the mainland (Its in between Sandwich, Barnstable, and Falmouth on the map). We will be about an hour away from Boston, which I'm very excited about! We are thinking about living a little closer to the Plymouth area so that we would be closer to the city and closer to any jobs that I might find (there isn't too much other than tourism going on on the Cape).

Oh, so beautiful!!!

One of the lighthouses on the Cape. Garin and I actually went and visited this one while we were up there for his OCS Graduation (so yes, we have "been" to Cape Cod...but it was only a short day trip, so we don't remember too much). My dream Cape Cod house...except in my dream it is on the beach...

This is what I'm not looking forward to. But it is beautiful!

Well, get your snow gear ready...we are looking forward to visitors!! Oh and if you by any chance have any info about the Cape Cod info...particularly housing, please let me know!!

3 comments:

The Dellingers said...

We are excited for y'all!! Congratulations!!

Rebekah said...

Great news! We want to visit already. I'm glad y'all are excited about this.

Praveen said...

WOW...you are moving all across the country at such a young age. Congratulations on being so independent! That is more than I can ever be now, but I enjoy living at home. Have fun in Cape Cod and seeing the country. I love your blog!!! Keep it up.

Praveen