Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FIVE Years!

This past weekend (July 23rd), Garin and I celebrated our FIVE year anniversary! It's hard to believe that it has actually been five years. Time flies! Well to celebrate this milestone we decided to take a quick trip. We were somewhat limited by Garin's flight schedule and travel restrictions (he can only go so far from the area), so we decided on a weekend trip to Panama City Beach, FL. We left on Friday after Garin got done with his flights and then came back on Sunday so Garin could dive back into flight studies. However, in between we had a blast hanging out with each other and enjoying some away time.

Self portrait

Garin playing around with his anniversary gift...an ocean kayak (made to "surf" the waves). I actually pulled off a surprise on this one too. I was so excited that he was surprised!

He might need a little more practice ;)
I tried out the kayak too, and LOVED it...I'm wondering why we waited until now to get one, I'm seeing lots of fun beach ventures in the future!

Sunset view of the PCB strip (f0r those of you from NC, think Myrtle Beach strip) from our room


And finally...not sure if you can see this in the picture...the lighting was bad. BUT if you can make it out, will see a tarp in the back of a pick up truck filled with water and a few folks hanging out in the "swimming pool". Garin and I thought this was a VERY apt appearance on our anniversary! For those of you that were not at our wedding, this was how Garin's groomsmen "decorated" his truck. By far the best car decorating I've seen at any wedding (wish I still had a picture of it on my computer so I could show the similarity...I've had to move all those pictures onto a disk). This sighting TOTALLY completed a great day of celebration :)
Here's to Five wonderful, amazing, great, awesome years! Love ya Hubs!

4 comments:

The New Mrs. H said...

love these pictures!! hah....and I remember the "pool" in the back of the truck too!!! So glad to have you as a SIL!

kristin said...

Too funny about the truck! It feels like that just happened the other day. Happy 5th G+L! So glad you guys got away for some time to celebrate. Love you both!

Praveen said...

I can't believe you guys have been married for a full 5 YEARS!! Soon you will be celebrating your 10th anniversary! You both look almost exactly the same as you did in early 2004 when we hung out together.

I hope we all make it through the 2012 solar flares and are there to see 2013 and beyond. I love your updates!

Praveen

Praveen said...

Pritesh is currently in India and says hello....