Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Cottage

TADA! Well quite a few inquiring minds have asked us where we are staying while we are waiting for our house to close. Well, we are pretty much roughing it. Life in the Coast Guard is tough ;) It kind of stinks to be moving up here to the North just in time for the cold winter, but there are some perks. One perk being that we can rent an ocean front cottage for a month for the price it rents for a week in the summer! So this is our temp house that we are renting until (Lord willing!) our house closes in mid December.

The view out our front door...I could do without the big sand dune in front, but they didn't ask me, hehe.

View from behind the house looking out to the ocean.

As you can tell from the first picture, the house is rather small. I'd say its about 600 sqft (but I'm a bad guesser). It has two tiny bedrooms, 1 bath, living room and what they call a kitchen.

This is the "kitchen" area. I mean I can't really complain...but I need a bit more space than that to whip up some meals! The house came furnished which was great since all of our furniture is in storage...however, we still came with a lot of baggage (I mean, a girl HAS to have her OWN kitchen stuff to cook, right?!! And all of her clothes...and shoes....). So please excuse the mess, we pretty much have to put stuff where it will be out of the main walkway! To cook anything I pretty much just have to keep shuffling things around to make room where I need it. Anytime I get frustrated I just turn around and gaze directly at my unobstructed (except for that dune!) view of the ocean and all is well :)

I just liked this picture :)

Picture of the beach in front of our cottage

The beaches up here aren't really like the beaches we are used to in NC and FL...there are a bunch of round stones mixed in with the sand. I can't imagine it is very comfortable to walk the beaches barefoot in the summer not to mention laying out to catch some rays. None the less, it is still quite beautiful!!!
So that is that! Farewell for now!

4 comments:

Tammy Purner said...

Wow! How amazing to wake up to that view every morning! I know it is small, but as you know it is only temporary and "this too shall pass":) Enjoy your new home Lauren!

Rebekah said...

Oh, it's so cute! I hope y'all are enjoying it up there. I know I was supposed to call the other night...and forgot...but I will! Thanks for the update!

Wayne said...

This looks like the place where we were engaged. Our friends rented a cottage in NH on the ocean in the winter for the same reasons, and that's where it all began.... :) Happy for you guys. You will love all the snow

Praveen said...

That is a nice cottage! I wish I lived in a place like that. You must have got a good deal.