Sunday, March 27, 2011

FINALLY!!!!

Guess what?! We finally closed on our house in Cape Cod and have spent the past two weeks moving in and getting things adjusted. We still have a LONG way to go on the house, but all the boxes are unpacked and things are starting to feel like home.

The front of the house from the street.


Another view from the front. I think that Spring is going to bring quite a few beautiful flowering plants! We have lots of Rhododendron, 3 Azalea Bushes, a huge Crete Myrtle, a hydrangea bush and lots of little green bulbs poking their way through the soil! Can't wait until they bloom! This is the back of the house...exciting, I know. And yes, the white stuff on the ground is snow! I took these pictures last Thursday...I called home and MW said it was in the 70s in NC...made me miss home!!
And this is my view from my kitchen window. The cute little storage shed is ours and is wired with electricity (which we were excited about!).
We have a brick patio right outside the back of the house that has hedges around it for privacy...can't wait to have some BBQs when the weather warms up!! (oh and that is our bulkhead door to the basement to the right...G put the porch swing upside down over it for some reason...but the house has a full basement that is not counted in the square footage of the house. We've never had a basement before so we are super excited!! Its unfinished at the moment).
And the huge selling point for me...a KOI POND (that needs some TLC when it gets warmer)!!! haha, what people do with their property (no offense to my readers that have koi ponds in their backyard, this one just seems kind of random...I mean we live in an area where water freezes for 5 months out of the year!). Guess it is gonna be a swimming pool for the neighborhood kids...and Mason when he comes to see me ;) And Elsa (my niece that's on the way) when she is old enough! haha, it just makes me laugh.
Okay, now on to the interior. This is the kitchen looking towards the eat in part (the lighting was pretty bad for these, so if you get real close to your computer screen and squint you can make it out ;)
And then this is looking into the kitchen from the dining table (ignore all of the mess that is still laying around, we are still in a state of flux!).
And then this is a "bonus" room that is off of the kitchen/dining room. Its a beautiful room with lots of sunlight, but I'm still not really sure what I'm going to do with it...ideas?!!
The Living Room...I really didn't like the paint colors when we were looking at the house (I described it as a hotdog cart that exploded), but then when I moved my stuff in, I realized that it matched all of my accessories!!! haha go figure. As I told my friend...its colors that I would accessorize with, not put on my walls. So, the bold colors will be covered up (even though I do like the red wall...might have to think on that one!).
And then this is from the living room looking at the door into the kitchen (to the right) and then the stairs (to the left). And the front door is even further to the left out of the picture.
And this is our Master Bedroom...its HUGE! So huge that I am hoping that we might get a chance to put a small dedicated master bath into it!!! That's on the wish list (and so is taking down the wall between the kitchen and the living room...a girl can dream right?!)
From the other side of the room looking at the door.
Another view of our sleeping alcove.

The guest room...this is where you get to sleep when you come visit us!


The other side of the guest room...it has a roomy closet that will be perfect for all of the luggage you bring when you come visit us!!!

This is the office/sewing room/craft room/extra closet/library/I'm not sure what to do with it yet so I put it in here room.

The other side of the multi-function room (it WILL be repainted!).

And finally, the upstairs hallway, just to give you an update of the layout. The picture is taken from our bedroom...going counter-clockwise - to the right is the stairway (not pictured), then a hall coat closet, then the "office", then straight ahead is the guest room, then a hall linen closet, and then the upstairs bathroom is on the left. Hopefully you get the picture :)


Welp, that is a tour of our new home. So far we are LOVING it! Like I said, we have a lot to do on it...it just needs some love...but that is what we are here to do! I feel like we have made some major improvements in it in just the two weeks we have been here. I can't wait to see what we can do over the next 4 years!


And now that we are somewhat settled, we are ready for some visitors!!! We are open for business and taking reservations :) The Boston airport and Providence, RI airport are only 45 mins away and have reasonable ticket prices!! Did I mention that we live ON Cape Cod, one of the most sought out vacation destinations on the East Coast?! What more do I need to say to get you to COME VISIT US?!!!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

It looks awesome! I've been checking for a house blog! Glad you are loving it. We'd love to come up soon, so we'll hold on tight to that invite!
Congrats!

kristin said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much you guys have done! Looks like you have been there for months. Love the house! Looks like an amazing Cape Cod cottage!

The Dellingers said...

Looks great!! I hope we will be able to come and visit you while you are there!! :) Love you!

Praveen said...

That is a nice house. Did it cost about 150K and did you get a mortgage on it, or did you pay cash? It is unlikely that most people can afford to pay cash for a home except of course my family...!

But anyway nice tour of the home!