Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back in the Blogging Saddle`

I know it has been forever since I have blogged...and I'm sure I've lost all of my readers (if I ever really had any), but I decided to try to pick the blogging thing back up. We are as busy as ever trying to fix up our house...I'm not sure it will ever get to the level I have in mind, but we are chipping away at it one project at a time.


So much has happened since my last post. I really don't know where to begin. I don't have any pictures on hand right now, so this is just a words blog (sorry, I know pictures are so much more interesting).


Let's see, since my last blog on the house: we've painted most of the interior of the house (all but bedrooms and bathrooms), we've refinished our hardwood floors, we've rewired and updated electrical things, we've landscaped, and many other miscellaneous things that take up loads of time. On the family front: we had gained a new niece on June 1st, Elsa Amy Kirkpatrick (born to Garin's brother and Sil...Garin has gotten to meet her, but I have not, sniff sniff); and Mason, our nephew turned 2, I went home for a week to celebrate his B-day and Easter (they were on the same day!).


At the end of May, Garin left for Mobile, AL and was there for two months for more helo training. He got to come home one weekend and I got to go down there for one weekend, so we were able to see each other a couple of times during the long separation. I'm happy to report that he is now home :) He also is now qualified to fly the helicopters, which makes his job so much more fun for him. Oh and I do happen to have a picture of him flying the helicopter...yay, pictures!
This was a photo op they did with the "Eagle", the Coast Guard's sailing ship...if you remember, Garin was on this boat for two weeks when he went through OCS a couple of years ago.

And this is actually a picture of Garin flying although you can't really tell it is him...he is the pilot in the left seat.


Speaking of jobs, I found a job and started back to work at the beginning of June. I'm working for NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) doing purchasing and contracts. I'm still learning the ropes and doing a lot of training. I just got back from a 2 week training class in DC, which was fun. Garin was on his way driving back from Mobile while I was there, the timing worked out perfectly and we were able to spend the weekend together in DC being tourist! Maybe one day, I'll get pictures of that up!


Well that pretty much sums up the big things going on in life for us. I have lots of pictures I need to post, but it might not happen. Maybe I should just start back up fresh without trying to catch up on everything...


Well here's to getting back into the blogging saddle!


P.S. So glad blogger went back to making it easier to move pictures around...that was one reason I dreaded blogging! Now if only they'd fix the spacing between paragraphs issue!!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Glad to see you are back! You DO have readers..well, at least one :) Glad to hear the updates, even though I already knew them, can't wait to see y'all at the end of Sept HOPEFULLY!

The Dellingers said...

Yeah!!! You are back!!! ;) I am a faithful reader!

Jessica said...

I read too! ;)

Knappsters said...

So bummed we couldn't catch up this summer! Hope you weathered the storm alright and that y'all are doing well. Let me know if you all come to NC for some bbq and a football game.

Praveen said...

Can you blog at least once every 2 weeks from now? I would love to keep up with how things are going. Glad to see you are happy. Have you heard from Pritesh Garuch recently? I heard he is doing missionary works overseas.

Also how is Garin's best friend Aaron...LOL!