Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, Maybe I Fell Off...

Yeah, so in the words of my sister-in-law, I think I have already fallen out of the blogging saddle. haha (well, said Rebekah!). But of course I have excuses. 1) Not much has really gone on to blog about. 2) My computer died and we had to get a new apparatus. We decided to go the "tablet" route and got an Acer Iconia...I love it, but I haven't had a chance to mess with it to see if I can actually download my pictures to it (that whole Android OS over the Windows OS is throwing me for some loops!). Soo...pictures right now are limited, and who wants to read a blog with no pictures?!! 3) I've been busy, but what is new?!

Well, hurricane Irene decided to give us a little drama this past weekend. The storm was MUCH less fearsome than the news people predicted (surprise, surprise...its all media hype anyway!). The wind blew a bit strongly on Sunday and knocked a couple of limbs out of trees in our yard. We did have one close one...a sizable limb fell and scraped the back of the house...a couple of feet over and it might have done some damage. The power was also out for about 7 hours, so I was a bit nervous about it coming back on, but it came back on just in time for the evening. We were the lucky ones in the area, I had a friend about a mile down the road that didn't get it back for 2 days!

My family (my sister, brother-in-law, and Mason) are in town visiting me this week. They got to "ride" out the storm with us on Sunday (so that makes me doubly glad the power wasn't out for longer!). They will be here until Saturday, so hopefully I will have some good pictures to post from the week! We are having lots of fun so far, unfortunately though I have to come to work for part of the week...ugh.

Well, there is my attempt at barely hanging in the blogging saddle :) Hopefully more pictures to come!

3 comments:

S&R Kirkpatrick said...

Well done Lauren! Glad to hear from you again!

Praveen said...

Nice to be back on your blog again. I am sorry I haven't commented in a while. Do you have any kids yet? I will be sure to check your blog once every 2 weeks from now to keep up!

Praveen said...

How come you haven't posted on your blog since 8/31??