Thursday, August 28, 2008

3 weeks down, 14 more to go...

Well I don't really have any super interesting news to report. I've been getting to talk to Garin briefly about every other day. Its been a rough week. They are in that stage where they do nothing right and get punished for everything. It has to be frustrating and demoralizing, but I'm trusting that those CG peeps know how far they can push and need to push them to get them to the end result. I'm sure he'll look back on it and be glad for the experience...its just pretty tough to withstand the current fire. So, please be praying for him!

As for me, I've been doing pretty well under the circumstances. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. So far no major breakdowns. God has been so faithful to supply me with the everything I need. So what have I been doing?! Well, I'm now working three days a week for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities (my old job). I am absolutely LOVING the schedule...I get enough hours to make some money and fulfill that career hunger in me, yet enough time off to enjoy some of the finer things in life...like having a life! I have also started my LAST semester of grad school!! I just have these last two classes to finish before I will have my MBA (2.5 years in the making)! In the past I have taken the classes in a traditional classroom through UNCC, but since I wasn't sure where I'd be this fall, I signed up to take my last two classes from ECU's online program (but my degree will come from UNCC...that seems to always be a question). I'm not to sure how I feel about this online stuff...I definitely like the classroom better...but the flexibilty has been really nice! So, other than school and work, I've been enjoying church activities, hanging out with my family and friends, and making slow progress on our wedding scrapbook! If I just had Garin home with me life would be close to perfect :).

1 comments:

Knappsters said...

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in with y'all and see how things are going. Seems like a kinda tough period here due to circumstances. I will pray for y'all. It's just short term though, so you guys hang in there. Maybe one day we'll actually get to hang out sometime.