Saturday, December 6, 2008

17 weeks down, NO MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!! Its OVER!

(He got a sword...and he knows how to use it!)

Well we are FINALLY home and I FINALLY have my baby back with me again :) I really can't believe it is FINALLY over! Four months down!!! Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support through this crazy time in our lives. Hopefully we won't have to be a part for this long ever again! (But it IS the military so you never know!).

Well I just wanted to take a moment and brag about my husband, I'm so proud of him!! He graduated #2 out of a class of 86 and was elected to the position of Honorary Executive Commanding Officer of his company. He also was awarded the Commandant's Leadership Award at graduation (the commandant is the head of the coast guard). He did an OUTSTANDING job and I'm so proud of him and so proud to be his wife :) (okay, I'm done with the bragging now :)


The night before his graduation we got to go to a ball to celebrate their accomplishments. We had to sit at this table and talk to some Captains and Commanders for dinner, but then we had a blast dancing the night away (okay, well I had a blast dancing...Garin did his share of dancing as well, I was very proud of him!).


This is a picture of all the wives (and one mom) I talked with on a forum while the boys were away. I had a blast hanging out with them while I was up there. Such fun people! Fortunately 4 of them will be coming to Florida with us for flight school!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations! Glad you two are back together! Good luck on the move to Florida. - Mandy Smith (daniel's wife) :)

Erin said...

Yeah! We're so happy for you guys and hope you have some sweet time together in NC and with your families before moving to FL!

lauren said...

What a pimp.
Garin, congrats and I'm just a little jealous.
Andy