Friday, December 12, 2008

New England Road Trip

While we were up in Connecticut waiting for Garin to graduate, we took a road trip up to Newport, Rhode Island and out to Cape Cod, Mass. We really enjoyed Rhode Island, the coast is BEAUTIFUL and there were soooo many mansions with breathtaking views. I think we missed all the charm of Cape Cod, because we pretty much just saw a bunch of trees as we drove through the middle of the peninsula. The one beach we did visit was very pretty and Provincetown was very...unique....


Newport, RI coast (Garin had to get a closer look...the water was REALLY blue)
This is one of the mansions on the coast. This one is called "The Breakers" and was built by the same guy that built The Biltmore House in Asheville, NC.
Cape Cod Lighthouse
Provincetown, Mass (on the tip of Cape Cod)

Christmas decoration in Provincetown? (I think those are lobster cages)

Just a cool picture of buoys

4 comments:

Megan said...

Great Pictures! It was good to see you guys last Sunday!

Betty Crocker wannabe said...

Hey Lauren! It's Keri. I went to Provincetown last year and I agree...it was very unique!

Erin said...

I'm so glad you loved RI! Sorry I should have warned you about Provincetown...

kristin said...

gorgeous... I love the artsy shot of the buoys. =)