Sunday, April 19, 2009

Visitors!!

Well this past weekend we had the joy of hosting Meghan (Garin's sister) and her boyfriend, Eli! I had warned them that it was boring down here because there really isn't much to do except go to the beach...but they were troopers and came anyway. They got here at about noon on Friday and we headed out to the Blackwater River to do some canoeing/kayaking. Garin opted for the canoe and Meg/Eli opted for the kayak. I must admit that after I'd paddled in the canoe for an hour or so and then tried out the kayak, I think I'm a bigger fan of kayaking (even though you did get a bit more wet). Next time we head out there Garin can have his canoe, I'm going for the kayak!

On Saturday we took them to the only redeeming thing this place has to offer...the beach. I checked the weather forecast on Thursday and it said that it was supposed to be warm and sunny on Saturday...apparently some things changed in two days. It was mostly overcast and the wind made it a little chilly. The waves were pretty choppy so we couldn't get in (not that I wanted to because it was pretty cold....of course Garin got in anyway!) and the sand was all churned up so you couldn't really see how clear and emeraldy the water is...bummer. Nonetheless we stayed out there a while and a few of us got a little sunburned (this does not include Meg and me...apparently we were the only ones that knew you could get sunburned when it is overcast).

All in all, I hope they had a good time with us old farts! We are so glad they took the time to come down and see us!! We can't wait for the rest of you to come!!! We are currently taking reservations for the guest room!!

Meg and Eli and then a picture of them at the beach

P.S. Garin and I booked a last minute cruise, so this week we will be heading out to the Caribbean for some sun, sand, and lots of good food!!! I'll post our adventures when we return!

1 comments:

Meghan said...

We had a blast!!! Thanks so much for being amazing hosts! I love Florida! We should have all four took a picture together! Anywho....yes boys, you can get sunburnt when no sun is out! lol....love you guys!