Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home

This past week Garin and I got the opportunity to return back to our good ol' home town of Indian Trail, NC. Last weekend my sister had two baby showers and Garin got to go to the wedding of one of his OCS buddies (he said it was quite the event!). On Monday we spent some time with G's parents and the evening with our good friends Kristin and Aaron Byrum (our hang out time most definitely included some La Unica...which we miss tremendously). Tuesday brought us to my dad's place and I spent much of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday cleaning up the upstairs of his house (Goodwill is getting a trailer load!). On Wednesday Garin headed out with Aaron to backpack at Mount Rogers State Park...after a rainy day hiking they came back on Thursday night. On Thursday I went and visited my good friends at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities and then got to spend the evening with our former Sunday School teachers and friends, the Richards family. Friday was spent tying up some loose ends and getting ready for our 9 hour drive back on Saturday. It actually took us over 10 hours because we got stuck in some nasty Atlanta traffic. Traffic on Saturday...gotta love Atlanta!


Overall we had a fantastic trip back home. Thanks to everyone for their hospitality! We miss you guys! I should be returning in another month when I will become a new AUNT!!!

Since my camera died, I didn't get to take any pictures...but I did steal one of my pregnant sister. She would kill me if she knew I was posting this, but fortunately she never checks my blog so she won't know...or maybe someone will tell her and she will be forced to check it! But anyway, she thinks she looks huge, I think she looks great! She is such a cute pregnant girl! I hope I'm as fortunate as her and only gain weight where I'm supposed to!! Oh yeah, and I'm sporting my new short hair do...I'll get better pictures of it when we finally get a camera that works!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm glad I got to see you two! Less than two weeks and we'll be in Pensacola!!! Elijah already bought my plane ticket....he's so good to me! or no...God is good! Your sis looks fab! I love you!

Praveen S said...

How are Aaron and Kristen doing? It has been more than 4 years since I heard from them. What are they up to?