Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mason Alexander' Debute

Well I'm finally back in FL where I have access to my camera cord and highspeed Internet, so that means that I can finally update the blog with pictures of my adorable nephew!!! I also have pictures from our cruise but I will post those later because they pale in comparison to my Mason ;)

Mason and I having a moment at the hospital when I first met him (it was love at first sight for both of us I'm sure ;)



Coming home from the hospital


Sweet boy chillin' for his Cameo shots. He let us change him into about four different outfits for pictures...he didn't cry at all and he had his eyes open the whole time. He is such a good boy!!

Sleeping in his digital camo outfit that Uncle Garin got for him. Garin said it would disguise the spit up ;)

Getting acquainted with the farm animals.

I love this picture. Baby boy was OUT! And so was his daddy :)

And finally one of my favorites of me with my nephew. Aww isn't he adorable?! I'm not a proud aunt or anything ;) It was great to get to spend the week up in North Carolina helping my sister and her husband. Of course it wasn't a bother for me at all...as long as a I sweet moments like this with my baby (and thankfully I got many of those moments)! I love you Mason!



Well Garin didn't get to stay in NC with me for the whole week because he had obligations back here in FL. He must have had a lonely week without me because he seemed to be pretty excited to have me back home. On Monday I caught a ride with his dad down to Atlanta and then Garin picked me up from there to bring me back to FL (ATL is about halfway from here to CLT). When I got home he surprised me with a homemade Italian dinner!!! He made bruchetta, chicken marsala with noodles and even made homemade sorbet!!! I was quite impressed :) And all this was served by candlelight with fresh flowers on the finished "cafe" table that he had been working on for our living room (which is also quite impressive).

After this special surprise I'm starting to think I should go away more often ;) hehe. I love my husband, he is the bestest!!!

Dinner is served!


A full view of the table. Garin built this from scratch and did it without using ANY nails. I think he has perfected the art of dowel rodding! It truly is quite impressive. He is quite gifted in the woodworking department!

6 comments:

Meghan said...

Mason is such a cutie-pie! awww...!!! And....my bro is quite the handyman if I do say so myself. Looks fab Garin. Lauren, you guys are so cute!

Love- M

WeeWee03 said...

First, congratulations on becoming an aunt! Second, I love your new haircut. I think is looks WONDERFUL. Finally, that is very impressive about Garin's table too. Could he make me a bookcase. ;)

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to meet little Mason! Lauren, I remember the first time I held Zachary after he was born. I couldn't be more in love with a baby I thought. It is one of life's true blessings!

Tell Garin he could always quit the Coast Guard and make a living building furniture. Wow. That is Gorgeous!

Got to see the family at Mary Jo's funeral yesterday. Beautiful service. I sure am going to miss her. She was a wonderful lady! She stayed with us a few years back for a month or so while Taylor was in a rehab hospital up here. I really got to know her then and fell in love with her personality. Just wish we could've all gotten to know her that way growing up!
Tam

The Dellingers said...

He is a cutie!!! Congrats on being an aunt, it is so much fun!

P (Praveen) said...

Congratulations on being an aunt!

Praveen (Ashish) said...

Great pictures of you and the baby...looks good.