Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 weeks down, 15 more to go...

Well I we have officially made it through 2 weeks of Garin being at OCS. I've actually gotten a couple of SHORT phone calls from him. They are super short and its hard to hear him on the phone but it is great to get to hear his voice and hear what he is doing. It sounds like he is doing pretty well. After the first round of physical testing (push-ups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile run, and 12 min swim) he was #4 in his class of 93 candidates. I thought that was pretty darn good...can you tell I'm a proud wife? :) He is also serving as the Company XPO for the next two weeks...I'm not EXACTLY sure what that means, but from what I gather he is basically in charge of all the guys (and gals) and must make sure everyone is doing what they should be doing. Its great that he is getting to show his leadership skills, but it also brings on a lot of added stress and more yelling. I'm sure he is doing a great job though...he's the man (well, in my bias eyes). He's also training to be a lifeguard for the pool there...not sure what all that entails, but that's my little fishy (he's more like a big fishy).

If you get a chance, please pray for him. The mental stress is pretty intense (EVERYTHING is evaluated) and he's not getting any substantial time in the Word. Just pray that God would supply him with the energy, wisdom, patience, and forbearance that he needs. And also pray that he will find spiritual encouragement in the midst of the chaos and that God will strengthen his faith and witness while he is there. That's all I'm asking :) Thanks to everyone for all of your support!

0 comments: