Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wow...I'm continuously amazed...

The other day Garin and I were working out in our living room and Garin informed me that the carpet smelled like wet dog (I didn't smell this). Yum. Then a little bit later after our workout I was about to get in the shower and Garin comes in and informs me that he has determined that the wet dog smell is coming from my plant that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Now I love house plants and had to leave a couple behind during all our recent moving...and I'm very fond of this palm plant that he was accusing as the smell culprit. So, when he asked if I'd move it outside, I said no and told him that he should deodorize it if its smell was so offensive (I think he has a sense of smell like a blood hound because I sure don't smell an offensive smell even when I'm right on top of the plant...smells like potting dirt to me!). What I meant by this comment was that he should spray some Fabreeze around the plant. Well I proceeded to take my shower and assumed that the problem was resolved. So, when I got out of the shower and walked into the living room I just stopped in my tracks when I saw what is pictured below:


No, my friends, it did not snow here in Florida. The white stuff at the base of the plant is CARPET DEODORIZER! Garin's solution to deodorizing the plant was to put carpet deodorizer on it! I wasn't exactly happy about this (I'm sure that there are some chemicals in that stuff that probably aren't that great for plants and my plant is probably gonna kill over next week!) but I couldn't help but be amused by it (so amused that I had to share it with everyone else). My husband, the problem solver...

5 comments:

Erin said...

but the question is... did it work? :)

WeeWee03 said...

BAHAHAH I can't help but laugh so hard. That is such a guy thing I swear. Mark even defended Garin and said that he was just doing what you told him to do! BAHAHAH!

Meghan said...

that is so my brother.....hilarious. I can see you walking out and laughing Lauren.

kristin said...

That it hilarious.... so Garin! We miss you guys like crazy. Aaron asked me last night.... why can't Garin & Lauren still be here?

lauren said...

Freakin Hilarious. Way to solve that problem Garin. My kind of solution.
Andy