Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Catching Up!

Well its been a couple of weeks so I guess this is my catch up blog.

Two weekends ago we got the opportunity to go bowling with our new Small Group at the church we have been going to. I love to bowl but Garin isn't so cool with it...might I add that I won with a score of 151 (which really isn't that good, but I did get a Turkey!). Below is a picture of our cool small group!

After our fun weekend at the Alley, Garin's parents came down for a short visit on their way to a wedding in New Orleans (more on that later). They left and headed over to LA and then Garin's dad and his aunt came over to spend a night with us later on in the week. It was great to have visitors in the house! In order to keep from driving two cars over to the wedding (Garin had to fly in the morning), I decided to ride over to New Orleans with Garin's dad and aunt and spend some time down there.

The wedding I'm speaking of was for Garin's cousin, Kristina and her, now husband, Richard. It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding! You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. The wedding was outside under a large live oak with hanging moss...sooo picturesque (see pictures below)! The food was also yummy and the cake was beautiful (Garin's aunt that made our cake also made her's).


After the wedding we spend some time in New Orleans with Garin's family. On Saturday we took our traditional trip to downtown to have some beignets at Cafe Du Monde and then walked around the French Quarter for a while.
This is Garin's brother, Shane, at Cafe Du Monde...he's on the market and available.... ;)

Fun picture downtown with Garin's family

This past weekend was absolutely beautiful down here, so on Sunday we decided to head out to the beach after church. Apparently it was the beginning of spring break for the college crowd so the beach was pretty busy. We biked around for a while and then did some basking in the sun to tan our white bods (well, mine's pretty white, Garin has a perma-tan that I'm jealous of).

And finally, we have some good news to share (no we are not pregnant...I know that's what some of you were thinking!). Garin has completed his first phase of flight training!!! On Monday he had his last solo and is now cleared to move onto the next phase (which won't start for a while). Praise God...it was truly by His graces that Garin can mark this accomplishment.

Sorry for the long entry...I think I'm caught up now :) Until next time...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane looks more grown up and kind of different than he did in 2004. Do you all still use facebook? I briefly used it last June but gave it up completely! I also haven't used AIM since 2006 (it is evil)! :)

Glad to see everyone had a good time.