Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weekend Fun

This past weekend Garin and I were quite the social butterflies. On Friday night we had our Small Group Bible Study over for burrito/taco bar. It was great to get together for some food and fellowship. After we ate our fill, we all played a round of Apples to Apples. For those of you that have never played this game, I must recommend it! We used to play it back in the good ol' days of college and I hadn't thought about it again until one of our friends brought it over the other night. Oh, the good ol' days....

The spread

The game

Then on Saturday I had my first opportunity to go to a Crawfish Boil! This a Louisianian thing for those of you that have never heard of it. Our friend Erin turned 30 and we celebrated with A LOT of crawfish and other yummy things. Crawfish are quite interesting looking creatures...they look nothing like a fish as their name would imply, but more like miniature lobsters (see below)!



The big ol pot of crawfish. They are boiled alive (they have to be so you don't ingest bad bacteria...sad, I know) so you can see some are trying to escape!!

Although the novelty of the crawfish boil was pretty cool, I can't say that I've become a crawfish lover. It just takes WAY too much work to get the meat out and then there is this disgusting yellow mushy gut stuff that I need to get over as well. My husband, on the other hand, demonstrated his true Louisiana roots and probably ate half of the crawfish that were cooked. I wish I had a taken a picture of him, he had guts and goo all over his shirt and hands....ahhh, that's my boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crabfish look disgusting ...why would you eat that?

Meghan said...

nice!!! you guys are quite the socialites ;). And, thanks for the encouragement for P90X....I'll keep you updated. L U.

The Dellingers said...

hahaha...go Garin! Josh and I were just talking about crawfish the other day and how we wanted to try some! Miss you!