Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Fine Day!!

Guess what?! I got to see Garin this past weekend! I got a super great last minute deal through priceline (I totally recommend them now!) and so I left Saturday morning to fly up to Hartford, CT. Saturday night I met up with one of the girls that lives up there whose husband is in Garin's class and who will also be going to flight school.

Garin was supposed to get Liberty on Sunday morning at 8AM...but they didn't end up granting them liberty until 10:30...grr!!! So once they let him go we drove back to Hartford and spent the day hanging out. We went downtown for lunch but realized that NOTHING was open (it was a Sunday, so I guess that was why?). We finally found a Ruby Tuesdays in the burbs and ate there. Garin spent most of the afternoon napping and I enjoyed watching a movie in the room. In the evening we headed back to New London and had a date at the Outback there before I had to drop him back off at 9PM.

It was a dream day! Of course I wish that it could have lasted longer and that I could see him more, but I think it was exactly what we needed at this point in the process. Only 30 more days to go...I think we might be able to survive this now!! :)

2 comments:

Wolfgers said...

So glad you got to see him! What a blessing!

The Dellingers said...

Yeah!!!!! Can't wait to hear more about your time with G!:) I love you!