Monday, June 2, 2008

And He's Off

Well, living by the Coast is great and all. But it does have its down sides. The down side right now is that Garin is having to work extra hours to obtain certain qualifications. This means that we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like. He left this morning at 7AM and won't be back until 4PM on Wednesday. Then he will leave again on Friday morning at 7AM and won't be back until 4PM on Monday. This leaves me with A LOT of Free time.

I just try to keep things in perspective. We live near a lot of marine families. Many of them have loved ones overseas in hostile territory that have been or will be over there for months at a time. I am blessed because Garin is only 3 miles down the road, he is not being shot at (unless they meet up with some belligerent boatman...but fortunately he wears a bulletproof vest!), he gets to come home every 2 or 3 days, and he gets to call me every night. Although I wish I got to see him more, I really have no room to complain.

Here is a picture of Garin's Station (cute, huh?!)

1 comments:

lauren said...

i'm so proud of you for your blog and your regular posting habits! keep it up for us denverites (not sure if that's a word). love yall