Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend

This past weekend Garin's parents came up to see us. They came up on Thursday afternoon and since Garin was on duty I showed them around the metropolis of Emearald Isle. This tour always includes a visit to the DQ and Bogue Inlet pier (that's really all there is to see). Then on Friday I took them over to Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville and showed them the base as well as the commissary and exchange. We also had to stop by Chick-Fil-A for lunch because I have been CRAVING it for quite sometime (I used to treat myself to it every Friday when I was working and I think I am going through withdrawel...the closest one is 30 mins away). That evening we went to the "Red Barn Fish House" to celebrate Garin's acceptance to OCS and then we, of course, had to stop at DQ on the way back home.

On Saturday we spent the morning looking through the many local antique shops and then spent some time on the beach in the afternoon. We then topped off the fun day with a DELICIOUS dinner from the grill (compliments of Mr. and Mrs. K). We had a great weekend and were sad to see them leave (maybe now I can start my diet though, we always do some GOOD eating when we are around them!!!).



1 comments:

The Dellingers said...

Hey Lauren! I just read the comment you left on our blog...We would love to have you out this fall!! Just let us know when and we will make sure that we are not out hunting! haha...yep, I got my hunting license too...look out!