Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Visitor, YAY!!!


So, I had my first visitor to our Emerald Isle home this weekend! One of my best buddies from college, Kara Folkert, made the 3 hour drive out here from Raleighwood to visit me and keep me company while Garin had to work the whole weekend. We went for a sweltering run on Saturday morning and then relaxed the rest of the day by the ocean. Man, it sure was a HOT one. We had to take a dip in the ocean about every 20 mins to keep ourselves from sweating to death (fortunately the ocean was VERY cool). WE got a good tan and only a couple of burned areas (I had parted my hair, so of course, I got the burned scalp along my hair part...I'm gonna have flaky scalp for the next week!!).
One funny story was that after dinner on Saturday night we decided to go out and get some ice cream from DQ. We both went to change and came out with our red NC State gear (seen in picture). We both just looked at each other and started laughing. Its a lot easier to be a Wolfpack fan during the summer, because we have the hope that better football and basketball seasons are ahead of us...we are a hopeful bunch!
After DQ we went for a walk on the pier and realized that all the rednecks in EI had congregated there...what is with fishing and rednecks? ;). Kara learned how to perfect her southern drawl (she is from Michigan) and we both learned all about King Mackerel fishing. Needless to say, we left the pier amazed by God's creation...especially of rednecks and King Mackerel. The picture above was taken after we got back from the pier, that's why our (well, my) hair is quite tasseled...I like to call it the beach look!
(and I can't figure out WHY blogger won't put spaces between my paragraphs...I've corrected it like 5 times and it CONTINUES to post it with no spaces...I just don't get these computer programs!)

0 comments: